Workin’ for the Weekend #20: Megyn Kelly’s Midterms, Moynihan’s Florida, and We Are STILL the Jews
Don't look now, but the anti-lockdown dude just became governor of Nevada.
Happy Veterans Day to all our Fifdom vets & their families! Thank you for your service, and not just to our ongoing experiment in group drinking.
Some quick housekeeping notes up top: Our monthly Second Sunday livestream with paying customers is indeed scheduled for this Nov. 13, and will almost certainly take the form of a details-to-be-announced-soon-I’m-sure Office Hours Zoom event with Mr. Kmele. Why? For fun/variety, obviously, but also because me & Moynihan will be on a mission from God. Or is it to God? Whatever; we’ll be in Israel, is what I’m saying, along with a handful of professional colleagues and pals (including previous Fif’ guests), so expect some exotic bits of content from us over the next week. And if you’re anywhere near, say, Tel Aviv this coming Thursday night, maybe keep your schedule open.
The Fifth Column loves each and every one of you subscribers. Also, the paying ones will be getting rad this Sunday….
* Speaking of Moynihan, here’s a Vice News segment he did this week in Florida about their big swinging Republicans down there. As ever, I’m not sure what wins the most—the Florida lighting, the subtle wardrobes, or the cheerful anti-commies. Oh, who am I kidding!
* We were fortunate to do our monthly stint on The Megyn Kelly Show two days after the midterms (so a tad more sober than the podcast we recorded the night before!), complete with segments on Donald Trump’s bad night, Ron DeSantis’s great day, what the press will do to DeathSantis, the Trump-Mike Pence relationship; plus we responded to several…interesting listener calls. Full appearance here:
* I talked both on Megyn and the Pod about the anti-lockdown Nevada Republican gubernatorial candidate Joe Lombardo; well, now he has become the first challenger in 2022 to dislodge an incumbent. I wrote about that here.
* Alert listener Kathleen points us to this amazing video evidence of Fif’ fave election-week explainer Steve Kornacki (#152, #204, #337) being just as inerrantly dorky in high school as the guy we all know and love today:
* Speaking of The Kornack, our pals Nancy Rommelmann (#s too numerous to mention) and Sarah Hepola (#354) gushed over the poor lad in their Smoke ‘Em If You Got ‘Em pod this week, which is responsible for the photo at the top of this post. (“It’s possible the only thing this country can agree on is Steve Kornacki, MSNBC data analyst and khaki-wearing dreamboat who also happens to be a friend of the pod. We delight in KorSNACKi fan-fiction generated on election night,” etc.)
* Our closing music, care of alert listener L Brown, could be considered Equal Time of sorts, though it’s hard to dislodge what the heart wants. Shalom, y’all!